12:30 AM

Stale News

Just before leaving for work, I had a hasty look at the newspaper.
"Four killed by a suicide bomber in Iraq." "PM hopeful of an amicable settlement on the nuclear deal." "Famine in Africa." "Bird culling after Avian flu epidemic." "Blast in Israel kills two Palestinians." "Tamil militants attack army convoy."
These were the main stories of the day.
I usually have only a cursory look at the front page of the newspaper while the sports section and the editorial hold more appeal to me.
That reminds me of some great soul who had said: The first page of the newspaper is full of lies, the editorial is a half truth and the only page with truth in it is the sports page!
But I am digressing.
Having gone through the headlines I ritually moved onto the comics section. The newspaper people had messed up again I thought with disgust. They had printed the same comic strips that had appeared a few days back.
Suddenly struck by doubt I turned over to the first page.
I checked the date on it. The newspaper I was reading was more than a week old.
But why did I mistake it for the day's newspaper?
The news has so little variety today that I think last week's newspaper would be as good as today's!

3 HITCHHIKERS:

Dex said...

Ha ha. A good point, I must say, Nothing really changes in life. But I never knew you liked the sports page that much...

Everyman said...

Well well..there was Mac saying that everything changes...and here we hv u and Jimbo sayin nothing really changes...

Some things do remain the same anyway..like the news on the front page :-)

CuppajavaMattiz said...

Yep, I think so too, Everyman. These are two sides of the same coin that is life. And glad to have you on my blog.

munnar